- 250 grams black rice soaked for at least 1 hour
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 100 grams roasted & chopped Brazil nuts
- 1 teaspoon Sweetner of choice if using -maple, agave, honey,
- Pinch sea salt
- 500 ml water
- 200 ml good quality almond milk
- 400 ml organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain & rinse rice & place into heavy based saucepan with water, salt, cinnamon, almond & coconut milk. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes covered with lid over a low flame, stirring every few minutes to make sure it doesn’t catch. If needed add more water or almond milk. Stir in sweetener if using. Spoon into bowls and dress with bananas, brazil nuts, almond milk, coconut & seeds.
- Are a brilliant source of selenium, eating around 2 nuts per day supports thyroid function for energy production, is a co-factor for the liver's greatest antioxidant glutathione, also may assist with hormonal symptoms such as PMT and hot flushes.